Roanoke Furnace Repair
No Heat? Make the Right Call to Ostrom!
Our technicians have the expertise, experience, and tools needed to perform furnace repairs correctly the first time.
There are so many things that can go wrong with a furnace. Are you experiencing any of these problems?
- The system blowing cold air or no air at all
- The thermostat is not working
- The furnace is making a loud noise
- There is a funny smell coming from the furnace
- The furnace tried to start and then stop
If any of these things are happening, turn to Ostrom Electrical Plumbing Heating & Air Conditioning. We’ll send a service technician out to further diagnose your problem and give you options to resolve the issue.
Request same-day furnace repair by contacting us at (540) 253-1559 or online!
What to Do if Your Furnace Is Not Turning On
It's the first freezing cold night of the year in Roanoke and you turn the thermostat up on your furnace... and nothing happens. No heat. Before calling for service there are a few things you can check yourself.
Things to check if your furnace is not working:
- Check the power supply. Even though your furnace may be gas powered, the igniter, switches and blower motor require electricity to operate. Check the circuit breaker panel. If the circuit has tripped, switch it back to the ON position. If the circuit trips again, DO NOT RESET IT! This is a safety measure to prevent an electrical fire in the event of a malfunction. Call Ostrom to inspect the system and ensure that the electrical supply is working safely.
- Ensure the thermostat is turned to the HEAT position. You may also need to turn the temperature up a few extra degrees to get the furnace to turn on.
- Check the furnace condensate pan (drain pan). During normal operation, water will drain from the air conditioner or furnace into a pan. If the drain for the pan is clogged the pan will fill up and trigger a float switch, preventing the operation of the air conditioner and furnace. If the float switch is up (activated), you will need to clear the obstruction to allow water to empty and then reset the switch.
- Check the furnace filter. An excessively dirty or clogged filter will make the furnace overheat, which will cause it to shut down as a safety precaution. Install a new filter to allow it to breathe easier.
- Check the pilot light. This only applies to older gas furnaces, since most newer units will have electric ignition. If your pilot light is out, consult your owner's manual for the correct way to light the pilot.
- Check the fuel supply. If there are other gas appliances in the home, such a gas range or fireplace, check that they are functioning and that there isn't a problem with the fuel supply
Why Call for Professional Furnace Repair?
In the age of DIY, many homeowners think that it’s so easy to fix furnace issues. However, most of the time, handling a heater issue without the help of a professional just leads to worse problems and a more expensive repair bill. That is why when you have furnace problems, let our expert technicians help you. We ensure timely, correct, and safe repairs, especially for homeowners with gas furnaces.
The advantages of working with an expert heating technician include:
- We have the necessary tools and replacement parts to ensure faster repairs
- We can get the furnace running again on the same day you call
- We offer maintenance plans to prevent future problems
- We guarantee your 100% satisfaction or your money back
Our technicians have become familiar with common furnace issues and how to solve them. We also know when it’s time to replace a furnace and can advise you accordingly so you can prepare for this worthwhile investment.
Request same-day furnace repair by contacting us at (540) 253-1559 or online! Our Roanoke furnace repair experts are standing by to help make your home comfortable again.
Could not be happier with the service we received from the company.- Happy Customer
Their job was not easy yet both showed a willingness to do their work well and quickly.- Happy Customer
All three gentlemen were so nice and professional, we were very impressed!- Happy Customer