Water softeners are designed to remove minerals from a home's water supply that can cause problems with plumbing fixtures, laundry, drinking water and more. Hard water contains excessive deposits of calcium and magnesium carbonates causing a range of problems, including:
- Spotting on dishes and cutlery
- Streaking on shower doors and plumbing fixtures
- Reduced effectiveness of laundry detergents and soaps
- Faucets and shower heads that clog, reducing water flow
- Clothes that look dull and feel less soft
- Skin that feels drier and less clean
Today's home water softeners can solve all these problems cost effectively with little maintenance. Have questions about whether a water softener can help in your home? Give Ostrom a call. A water treatment specialists will analyze your home's water and recommend solutions for cleaner, better tasting water.