Welcome to Ostrom Electrical and Plumbing
Electrical and Plumbing Services For Roanoke and Surrounding Communities
For over 15 years we have used a simple approach in serving our clients. We put the best tools in the hands of the best people. Our electricians and plumbers are expertly trained professionals who can quickly diagnose the need, provide you with up front pricing, get the job done right the first time and thoroughly clean the work area.
For all electrical and plumbing services or repairs you can count on Ostrom Electrical & Plumbing for prompt, friendly and professional service. You can trust us - Roanoke's premier electrical and plumbing contractor. All work and your total satisfaction is guaranteed 100%.
When you need electrical or plumbing repairs, installation or upgrades, call us at 540-342-0555.
Southwest Virginia Residential Electric Service
Southwest Virginia Residential Plumbing Service
The 12 Least Expensive Ways To Save Energy Around the Home
- Caulk around windows, doors and anywhere air is leaking in or out.
- Apply weather striping around windows and doors.
- Wrap heating and cooling ducts with duct wrap.
- Set the furnace thermostat at 68 degrees or lower.
- Replace your furnace filter regularly.
- Install shades, awnings or sunscreens on windows facing south and/or west to block summer light. In winter, open shades on sunny days to help warm rooms.
- Close the damper when the fireplace is not being used. Try not to use a fireplace and central heating system at the same time.
- Set the water heater thermostat at 120 degrees or "normal."
- Use a water heater blanket.
- Install energy-saver shower heads.
- Wash your laundry using a cold water detergent.
- Fix defective plumbing or dripping faucets.
- Wash only full loads in a dishwasher and use the shortest cycle that will get your dishes clean.
Plumbing and Electrical Tips For Remodeling Your Kitchen
When it's time to remodel your old kitchen there are many choices to make about design, finishes, colors and materials. When choosing plumbing and electrical fixtures there new faucets, sinks, disposals and lighting fixtures. Here are some upgrades to consider.
Upgrade to LED light fixtures
Typical incandescent bulbs are rated to last between 1,000 to 2,000 hours. Many LED bulbs are quoted as lasting 25,000 to 50,000 hours. This long life can be a real advantage if your kitchen has high ceilings which makes changing burned out light bulbs a hassle.
LED bulbs also use much less electricity than other bulbs and produce little heat. They are also resistant to shock and vibration.
So while the price of LEDs is considerably more than standard incandescent or CFL bulbs, in the long run the advantages may be worth the expense.
Touchless faucets work by sensing movement under the faucet and starting and stopping the flow of water without using knobs or handles. This not only frees your hands so you can cook and cleanup faster, it means there's less chance of spreading germs throughout the kitchen.
For all your kitchen remodeling plumbing and electrical needs, call Ostrom Electric and Plumbing. We're here to help.